In a caravan park full of oversized Jaycos, MDCs and New Age caravans, as well as a few hired Apollo and Britz campers, our Cool Beans Camper stuck out like … well, you know how the saying goes. But in a good way, after all, Cool Beans Campers are ridiculously good-looking. Sporting a classic teardrop body with retro-looking D-doors fitted with a porthole, this camper is guaranteed to turn a few heads wherever you decide to park it.
But in the words of Derek Zoolander, “There’s more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good-looking, and I plan on finding out what that is.” With thanks to the Cool Beans Campers Crew, who let me waltz through their factory where they hand-build these babies from the ground up, and also lent me one for a few days to try it out for myself, I really did discover that there’s more to these campers that just being incredibly good looking.
Rather than bore you with the written details, take a squiz at the video below to see what you get when it comes to Cool Beans Campers.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…it has everything you need and nothing you don’t
At the end of the day, Cool Beans Campers offer everything you need and nothing that you don’t. You have a comfortable bed with a surprising amount of storage space in the cabin, a decent kitchen and a reliable lithium power system in iTechworld. Add in a 180-degree awning on one side and the Darche awning tent on the other, and it’s suddenly big enough for a family.
A teardrop camper won’t be for everyone. After all, you’ll never comfortably fit a toilet and shower in there. But for those who love the uncomplicated outdoors lifestyle and appreciate the ability to camp in comfort, this can easily be overcome with a portable loo and awning ensuite when you’re camping off-grid away from caravan park amenities.
Specs on Cool Beans Campers
- Fully welded heavy duty WA made chassis (not imported)
- Wide choice of colours
- Full ali/timber top and side construction
- Aluminium lockable drawbar tool box
- Marine-grade stainless steel hardware and fittings
- Marine-grade skylight hatch
- Tinted glass porthole windows
- Custom D-shaped retro doors with double dust and weather seals
- Spare tyre
- Full Queen sized bed
- 3 x large storage cupboard
- 3 x storage drawers
- Padded headrest with overhead shelf
- iTechworld Smart Lithium Power System
- Overhead LED downlights in cabin and kitchen
- 2 x reading lamps in the cabin
- Multiple USB and 12V charging points in the cabin and kitchen
- LED strip light in the kitchen
- Lockable air and dust-sealed bonnet
- 60L platinum Engel fridge/freezer
- Two burner stove with grill
- Stainless steel sink and tap
- Fully welded 48L freshwater tank
- Fully welded 48L greywater tank
- 3 x above bench cupboards
- 2 x deep storage drawers
- 1 x shallow under-sink drawer
- 1500mm kitchen bench
Off-road Cool Beans Campers
The off-road model features all of the above plus:
- Fully welded heavy-duty chassis
- Heavy-duty off-road leaf springs
- Heavy-duty full length stone guard/step
- Rhino-Racks up top
- All-terrain tyres and mags
Pricing is from $45,000 for the onroad model and $48,000 for the offroad model.
All in all, Cool Beans Campers are a good, honest, well-made camper that provides everything you need for a comfortable camping trip with all the usual benefits that come from towing a smaller trailer. This includes ease of towing (it’s both lightweight and small), ease of reversing, fitting into tight places, and reduced fuel consumption.