Possibly one of the best you’ll ever taste
- 375g packet of pasta of your choice
- 600ml thickened cream
- 3 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh/chopped basil
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Grated or shaved Parmesan cheese to serve
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil and add a pinch of salt. When boiling, add the pasta and cook to your liking while you make the sauce.
- In a large, deep frying pan, lightly fry the bacon in a little olive oil until crisp. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the garlic and mushrooms until softened, then add the bacon back to the pan. Lower the heat to medium.
- Stir in the cream and boil gently until the mixture is reduced by about half. It will be thick and creamy.
- Turn the heat down to low, then stir in the basil and some ground pepper
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce in the pan, stirring in gently over low heat.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese over the top and some garlic bread.