Fudge Belly Cake
Cross a pudding, a cake and a brownie…and you get the ultimate dessert!
For images, videos and the full RV Daily experience, read this in our online magazine.
125g softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1¾ cups caster sugar
250g very dark chocolate, melted
1½ cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk (must be full cream)
½ cup chopped nuts of your choice
1-2 cups icing sugar
½ cup cocoa or drinking chocolate
4 rounded tablespoons soft butter
250g very dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Grease and flour a round, deep cake tin.
- Using a wooden spoon or a hand beater, beat together the sugar, butter and vanilla essence in a large bowl until fluffy and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating in well. Pour in the melted chocolate a little at a time, beating in well.
- Add the sifted together flour and salt; then the nuts and milk alternately, in two or three batches. Stir in well.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin and cook in your camp oven, on low to medium heat (on a trivet), for one hour. The cake is cooked when only the centre is still slightly soft to the touch. It will be fudgy in the middle.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly in the tin; then pour the topping over it while it’s still warm. Serve warm, scooped directly out of the cake pan.
CHOCOLATE TOPPING METHOD: Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add in the cocoa and chocolate. Stir until melted, then stir in the icing sugar – adding more if it’s too runny.