HONEY AND WALNUT ORANGE CUPS
A tasty dessert that kids big and small will love
1 x Basic Butter
Cake Mix (see below)
8 large oranges
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup honey
Icing sugar (optional)
Basic Butter Cake Mix:
185g soft butter or margarine
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 large eggs
2 cups self-raising flour
¼ cup of milk
- Beat or whisk together the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy (in a large bowl).
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, making sure each one is completely mixed in before adding the next.
- Mix the honey into the cake mix and add the walnuts after sifting in the flour and milk alternately, a third at a time, lightly stir in.
- Cut oranges in half, scoop out the flesh and keep the empty orange skin halves.
- Place each orange half on a large square of aluminium foil and spoon in the mix until they are three-quarters full.
- Pull the foil up around the orange halves and twist loosely at the top to seal; allow a little room around the top of the cup for the mixture to rise.
- Place the foil parcels in the coals or on a trivet in your camp oven (medium coals), making sure they sit upright; check them after 10 minutes.
- Open the foil and eat straight out of the cup with a spoon and a dob of butter.
Mix a couple of tablespoons of orange juice with a cup of icing sugar.