A hearty all-in-one meal, perfect for autumn!
1 tin canned tomatoes
250g bacon rashers
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced 4 small potatoes, sliced
4 fresh or frozen cobs of corn
Salt and pepper
Vegetable stock cube dissolved in a cup of hot water
- Halve the bacon rashers and fry in a camp oven at medium heat, over coals or a gas burner, until lightly browned. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the camp oven and cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft.
- Pour in the undrained tomatoes; then add the potatoes, bacon and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer gently with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Cut the corn cobs into one-inch slices and place them in the tomato and bacon mix, pushing them down so they are covered. Add in a little of the vegetable stock if the mixture gets too thick.
- Put the camp oven lid back on and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the corn is cooked.