This is possibly one of the best recipes for Camembert … ever!
1 large round of Camembert or Brie
Pinch of dried mixed herbs
Splash of white wine
1. Slice the top off the cheese, making a thin lid.
2. Score the open face of the cheese with a knife, being careful not to pierce the skin; this is to allow the wine to seep in.
3. Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and splash some wine on top. Replace the lid.
4. Wrap loosely in aluminium foil – and place on a trivet in your heated camp oven.
5. Heat on medium coals for 10 minutes, or until the centre is soft. Serve with water crackers or almond bread for dipping.
6. VARIATION: Instead of the herbs, try adding some chopped dried apricot and a splash of port.