An easy tropical dessert that the family will love
- 1 can of peaches in syrup
- 1 large banana, thickly sliced
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and cut into 6-8 wedges
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 packet of pre-packaged butter cake mix
- 250g block of butter cut into small cubes
- Extra butter or margarine to grease the camp oven
- Rum or brandy (optional)
- Grease your small camp oven heavily with some butter; it needs to be well coated.
- Pour the whole can of peaches into the camp oven, along with the orange juice, apple and banana. Stir to evenly distribute; at this point you can add a splash of brandy or rum if desired.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the top, then scatter the cubes of butter over the top.
- Bake on medium-hot coals or a gas stove for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is cooked and golden.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh cream or ice-cream.