These can also be done the usual way in a skillet, but 12-volt ovens are so much easier when you’re in a hurry
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for greasing
- Filling of your choice – see below
- Plug in your 12-volt oven and allow it to warm up for five minutes.
- Mix all the pancake ingredients together and allow to stand for five minutes to thicken up.
- Using a scrunched-up piece of foil, grease the powered side of your 12-volt oven (the bottom).
- Pour in enough pancake batter to cover the bottom, then cook until
bubbles start to break.
- Using a flexible spatula, flip the pancake over and cook until done.
- Remove your first pancake and continue greasing and pouring until the mixture is used up.
- Spread your desired filling on the pancakes, and roll them up – starting at the short end. These can be served
warm or cold.
Fruit; cold meats; cheese; avocado and salsa; cream cheese and nuts; leftover roast meat and gravy; banana and honey; butter and golden syrup; even leftover mince is brilliant. You can also pop the rolls back into the oven to heat them up.